By John W. Amos II
Read or Download Arab–Israeli Military/Political Relations. Arab Perceptions and the Politics of Escalation PDF
Similar social sciences books
Public overall healthiness, learn, advisor, Water
- Eliten, Macht und Konflikt in der Bundesrepublik
- Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes. Measures of Social Psychological Attitudes
- Schooling in the Pacific Islands. Colonies in Transition
- American Sociological Association Style Guide (3rd Edition)
- Precious Metals in the Later Medieval and Early Modern Worlds
- Barrington Moore: Violence, morality and political change
Extra resources for Arab–Israeli Military/Political Relations. Arab Perceptions and the Politics of Escalation
After t h a t War, ex-King Idris was invited t o the wedding of al-Sadat's daughter, while al-Qadhafi was not (a subtle c o m m e n t on al-Qadhafi's political stability within Libya). The upshot of all this interpersonal hostility was a t least one Libyan sponsored a t t e m p t on al-Sadat's life, extensive sabotage a c t i v i t y , and verbal fireworks on all sides. Ultimately Egyptian/Libyan relations d e t e r i o r a t e d t o the point where a short lived border war was fought in July 1977.
By c o n t r a s t , orthodox Sunni Muslim families did not encourage their sons to go into t h e military, nor were Sunni a t t r a c t e d by the secularist doctrines of t h e Ba'th. The n e t effect of this sectarian r e c r u i t m e n t p a t t e r n was to focus existing primordial tensions on t h e Syrian government. With t h e advent of Ba'th rule, one set of sectarian groups, t h e Shi'as, dominate t h e government, another larger s e c t a r i a n community, t h e Sunnis, is, in turn.
Constitution of the Arab Ba'th P a r t y The nationalism for which we call is love before anything e l s e . It is the very feeling t h a t binds t h e individual t o his family, because the fatherland is only a large household, and t h e nation is a large family. and as love is always linked t o sacrifice, so is nationalism. Nationalism is Love Before Anything Else. (28) But, in spite of the language of love, Syrian Ba'thists in p r a c t i c e pursued e x t r e m e l y aggressive policies against their opponents, real or imagined.
- Performance Theories in Education: Power, Pedagogy, and the by Bryant Keith Alexander, Gary L. Anderson, Bernardo Gallegos
- Weakly Interacting Molecular Pairs: Unconventional Absorbers by M. Gustafsson, Lothar Frommhold (auth.), Claude Camy-Peyret,